I get it. You’ve examined your skill set, written out lists of your passions and thought about which blog ideas can generate money. It was a bit of a mistake but you even asked your Mum what you’re good at! All that effort and you still haven’t come up with a topic.
Don’t panic! I’ve come up with a list of 115 trending blog ideas to help you out. This list is based on Pinterest’s 100 trends for 2019, expanded into niches you can blog about. Tapping into a trend is a sure-fire way to kick start your blogging journey.
All these blog topic ideas are based on sound money making niches. Write about trending subjects, promote for free on Pinterest and you’re on your way to making your first blogging income…
115 Trending Blog Ideas
- Island escape – Travels to a remote island.
- Low cost travel – adventures on the bus.
- Off the beaten track – Seeking out your own mini adventures
- Take a mystery tour – Head for destinations unknown
- Sustainable travel – Green travel for concerned environmentalists
- Low Key R&R – Holidays without the crowds
- Bike tours for roadies
- Bike tours for beginners
- Fun bike tours for foodies
- Natural relaxation – The hot spring guide
- In tune with nature – From hot springs to relaxing environments
- Hidden hot spots – little known hot springs for relaxation
- Dilapidated castles – a guide to remote unloved castles
- Travel for all seasons – Out of season getaways
- Low impact travel – low cost, sustainable getaways to places less traveled
- Brazilian wonders – the ultimate guide to Brazil
- Small town travel – avoid the overcrowded cities for a relaxing break
- The elderberry boost – health and wellness tips
- Foods that heal – the anti-inflammatory meal plan
- Artichoke lovers – foods for fighting inflammation
- Superhero boosting smoothies
- Add Matcha – metabolism boosters
- The nutrition planner – become a diligent diner
- Mindful eating – become aware of what you eat
- Healthy habits – nutrition awareness for weight loss
- Exercise anywhere – indoor exercise with band workouts
- Resistance is necessary – strength training for everyone
- Sleep optimisation – sleep better for a healthier lifestyle
- Sleeping for weightloss – press the reset button
- Sleep logs – the route to a better night’s sleep
- The natural soap maker – goat milk soap and other recipes
- Opting for the sober life – life tips for quitting
- Don’t judge me for not drinking – inspirational quotes & advice
- Party without the alcohol – ideas for non-alcoholic drinks
- A lover of bees – all things bee and honey
- Bakuchiol skincare lovers
- Anti aging skincare – the natural way
- Ginger lovers – from soothing oils to condiments
- Turn your passion into profits – side hustle ideas
- Potter passion – unleash your clay-tivity
- Ceramic pottery – a beginner’s guide
- How to paint – acrylic pour painting tutorials
- Express yourself – with body painting
- Chalk it up – chalk art tutorials
- Creating murals – with chalk art
- Guacamole growers – grow your own guacamole garden
- Inspiring sketchers – in love with my sketchbook
- Sketchbooks – finding your artistic voice
- Weekly savings – planners to make your finances rock
- Plan it – 52 week savings challenge
- Derelict beauty – from decay to art photography
- Build you own boat – boat building for beginners
- The Godparents bible – from proposals to responsibilities
- Backyard weddings – cosy and cost friendly
- Celebrating the little things – mini moment celebrations
- Living in the moment – celebrating ordinary
- Going for gold – golden wedding gowns and other bridal trends
- Donut delights – decoration inspiration
- Decorate my cake – the new number cake trend
- Special effects – smoke bomb photography and other effects
- Making a statement – with neon wedding signs and other wedding design ideas
- Garlands are forever – DIY flower garlands
- Stargazing fun – from astronomy to moon gatherings
- The mighty mushroom – on the mushroom health trend and other health tips
- Pegan is the new vegan – eating pecan, part paleo, part vegan
- Infusion lovers – hopping on the ginger water trend
- Grazing tables – family feasting
- Embracing oatmilk – dairy alternative diet advice
- Granny bakes bread – a site for bread baking lovers
- Foil it – prepping food for the week ahead
- Slow cooking – oxtail and other slow cooking recipes
- Yummy jam – a site for homemade jam makers
- Chayote – superfood short cuts to a healthy diet
- Mustard moments – interior design trends
- In love with my fireplace – contemporary fireplaces
- Stitching a canvas – textile art trends
- Dazzling geometric – geometric interior transformations
- Vintage interiors – the trend for tin
- Blooming cactus – all things succulent
- The cactus grower – a guide for beginners
- Vertical gardens – planting in small spaces
- Green spaces – indoor garden ideas
- Love it, keep it – painted floor tiles to all things recycled
- Going bold – statement interior design with bold print wallpaper
- All things natural – build a natural swimming pool
- Vintage style – vintage watches and style tips for men
- All things denim – the denim style guide
- Mismatched – styling up with mismatched prints
- Street style for men – trends for neck scarves, plaid pants, cropped trousers and quarter socks
- Sling It – the man bag sling bag style
- Hairstyles for men – start with the latest craze for french crop haircuts
- Bamboozling bags – latest bag trends bamboo bags
- Ruche moments – style guide starting with the latest ruche trend
- Ruche DIY – how to guides for wannebee fashion designers
- Print lovers – the latest print trends starting with snake skin print and African prints
- Find your tortoise shell – a jewelry lover’s guide
- Sneaker lovers – statement sneakers guide
- Got your sunnys – the latest trends in sunglasses starting with oval sunglasses
- Hot fashion – style trends starting with biker shorts
- Ethical threads – sustainable fashion and recycling clothing
- It’s a wrap – the latest trend for cozy, easy wear robe silhouettes
- Baby bangs – latest hairstyle trends for women starting with cropped bangs and lilac locks
- Hard as nails – trends for nails starting with powder dip nails and almond nails
- Gorgeous lashes – trends for lashes, natural lash lifts and other beauty tips
- The pout – standout lip color, glossy makeup and other beauty tips
- Beauty for the older woman – going grey and other beauty tips for ageing
- Precious memories – birth stats signs and other newborn records
- Outdoor fun – scavenger hunts and other ways to have fun outdoors
- Toy share – toy sharing subscriptions and other money saving ways to entertain little ones
- Storytime – audio book ideas and other ways to make a success of bedtime
- The party mom – the perfect party planner starting with the enchanted forest theme
- Nursery designs – the latest trends staring with geometric decor and rustic nursery ideas
- Forty winks – tips for successfully sleeping babies including smart bassinets
- Tiny houses for tots – house frame floor beds
- What mommy needs – wireless breast pumps and other gadgets for the new mom
Will These Trending Blog Topics Make Money?
So there you have it! 115 blog ideas to help you answer what to blog about! Will these trends make money? Definitely! Your blog doesn’t have to be a broad topic to make money. Just think, a niche such as home-made bread, gets 1 million+ searches on Pinterest a year!
Successful Niche Blogs
The Cupcake Project (https://www.cupcakeproject.com/) started in 2007 and it’s still going strong. Although there are a few posts about different types of baking the most popular posts are all about cupcakes. This blog has 60,000 Pinterest followers.
Succulents and Sunshine (https://www.succulentsandsunshine.com/) started in 2013 and must be loving the current cactus boom. The owner Cassidy started blogging about a niche topic she loved and now its a worldwide trend!
A word of caution however. Some trends may be short lived. For example succulents seem to be everywhere at the moment but by next year it will be something completely different.
It’s something to think about when you’re naming your blog. For example, instead of “Beautiful Succulents” you could name your blog “My Indoor Garden”. There will always be an interest in growing house plants.
Can My Niche Be Too Narrow?
It’s a gamble. A specific narrowly defined niche is easier to attract visitors looking for your particular topic. The gamble paid off with Succulents and Sunshine. The blog ranks in the top 10 for an extremely popular topic.
Think of it this way. It’s far easier to attract traffic and dominate your topic with a narrowly defined niche. If the niche turns out to be too narrow, you can always start a second blog or change your blog name. You will still have gained tonnes of experience about making money from blogging.
That said there is nothing wrong with starting a more general lifestyle blog and covering a few chosen topics such as food, fashion and travel.
The trend list can help you find your focus for ideas. Looking through the list, low impact, natural, sustainable, frugal and low key are trending themes.
It’s better to start something than spend too much time deliberating over the perfect blog topic or the perfect blog name. Sometimes you just have to suck it and see…
Making Money From Your Niche
Making money from blogging is all about finding a blog idea, knowing your audience and providing what your audience wants. It’s that simple.
If you’re blogging about succulents, your visitors will want to know how to get their cactus to flower. Provide the answers and you’ll have a captive audience.
Make money from your blog idea through affiliate marketing by promoting cactus growing equipment plus eBooks and online courses about how to grow your succulents.
Conclusion – Picked Your Blog Idea? What Comes Next…
Don’t beat yourself up for too long choosing a topic. The best bit about blogging is it’s okay to fail. The worse thing you can do is never start.
Pick a blog idea and if it doesn’t work out it’s easy enough to start over. You will still have gained tremendous experience which you can build on with re-launch. Blogging is something that can work for anyone, in any age group.
Ready to go? Follow my post:
Or take the fast track through your blogging journey with my Hatch A Blog course. Get started today!